- Heating /cooling systems and products
- Roofing materials and structures
- Electrical & Lighting Systems and products
- Energy Saving / Energy renewal systems
- Glassware structures and products
- Plumping, water systems and products
- Flooring & Concrete materials and structures
- Wall & Isolation systems and materials
- Safety / Workers Gears
- Hand Tools and Heavy Equipments
- Finishes: Kitchen, bathroom, decorations… etc
- Outdoor systems and products
Entries can be submitted as conceptual designs, in progress, or as completed projects. The only restriction is that entries or completed projects must be no more than 5 years old.
Entries should include images of each side of the building or environment along with the contextual surroundings. Please include floor and small-scale site plans showing the project in its context. Where a project is a group of buildings, entrants should provide a rendering that illustrates the complete project. If the entry concerns an alteration or restoration, please include both before and after images.
Submissions can be made as a Professional only. Winners are chosen based on a single product/material – not for a body of work.
- Provide a brief description of the Product, System, Tool, or Material
- Provide a Designer and Company Profile
- Give names of those who should be credited for the Manufacturer, Brands, Designers
- Up to 10 images of your Product, System, Tool, or Material, including an optional company logo
- Product Specification PDF (Mainly for projects that are not yet in Business, provide specification, site details…etc) – recommended
The BLT Built Design Awards competition is open to anyone aged 18+ residing anywhere in the world. Professional entries will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
For more information please check the FAQ page.
The evaluation process for entries to the BLT Built Design Awards is based on various judging criteria that are constantly adapted to new technical, social, economic, and ecological requirements. These criteria are not comprehensive and not all criteria are applied to each project. They simply provide an orientation framework and basis for judging, which is complemented by each individual juror’s expertise and socio-cultural background.
Each member of the Jury is passionately committed to providing a fair evaluation. Jury members are assigned categories based on their specific background and expertise. All projects are viewed and judged randomly and anonymously to ensure unbiasedly and fair judging.
The judging criteria include the following:
- Aesthetics — form, shape, color, texture, finishing, the material used, etc
- Innovation — does the design provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing structure?
- Practicality / Functionality – ease of cleaning, safety, maintenance…
- Ergonomics — How is the interaction with the client? Space optimization?
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the product/material
- Impact — the benefit delivered to the client and/or society by the Design
- Integration — about the integration of the project to its local environment
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- Enhancement — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, does the product /material bring another dimension, satisfaction to the project?
The BLT Built Design Awards use a Scoring System between 10-100 points.
- Professional $270
- Additional Entry $240
- Same entry in additional categories at a 50% discount
No Further Fees: Unlike some other design awards and competitions, there are no further fees for winning the award and everything listed in the winner’s benefits will be provided free of charge.
DEADLINE: 2021 BLT Built Design Awards
- 10% Early Bird discount until 28th of February 2021
- 5% Extended Early Bird discount until 31st of March 2021
- Regular Deadline: 30th of June 2021
- Final Deadline: 31st of August 2021 (10% late fee apply) till closure on 19th of September 2021